We are MadLady, MadMan, MadDogge, and MadCat.
At least for the time being.
What is One Mad Life?
One Mad Life is a story of our travels, a chronicle of our journey to financial independence, a journal of progress towards owning a farm, a gathering place for millennials like us, and so much more. We hope you’ll join us in forging a new kind of path in life. We hope that you will learn from us just as we hope to learn from you. We hope, that together, we can change not just our lives and how a “normal life” is perceived, but maybe the world as a whole.
This is a place where travel will be talked about, where frugal tips will be shared, where minimalism will be preached, and where life will be lived. Here I hope we can all plan out how to make it to each of our goals. There will be no judging, and help will always be free. We’re always happy to listen, help, and cheer you on, no matter whether it’s minimalism, early retirement, living frugal, or other.
Who are MadLady and ManMan?
Dreaming Millennials in search of a life different from those that came before us. We live in an apartment in OTP Atlanta. We go to college, we work all day, and we try to have fun. Our goal is financial independence by 35 while traveling the world on weekends and owning an organic event farm.
10 Fun Facts About Us:
- We met in July of 2014, moved in together in April of 2015… more to come soon!
- We took our future into our hands in 2017. We plan to hit our goal by 2027.
- We’re both in college while working full time. (We need anonymity to keep the jobs we currently have.)
- We plan on moving to the West Coast after we graduate.
- We have no small humans, just a cat and a dog.
- Our Vizsla gets treated better than any child I’ve known. Our rescue cat has a 6 foot tree cat tree (mostly to stay away from the dogge).
- We’re obsessed with the Great Outdoors. We go on hikes as much as humanly possible and want to own a farm one day.
- We want to travel the world one day too. Not sure how we are going to own a farm and travel, but we’ll do it. We’ve been known to do the impossible.
- We never eat fast food and home cook almost every meal.
- MadLady is the creator and voice of the blog, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Fun Facts About MadLady:
- Only child in a small family.
- Dreams of saving the world through peace and recycling.
- Loves adventure and video games equally.
- Hates modern reliance on cell phones.
- Still doesn’t have Snapchat or Twitter.
- Likes food to much to have a favorite food
- Wants a farms worth of animals when older.
Fun Facts About MadMan:
- From a huge family with many relatives
- Works in Construction Management. Will own his own firm one day.
- Building computers and working on technology is a favorite hobby.
- Loves goal based video games and hiking mountains. (Goal driven comes to mind)
- Doesn’t understand Facebook or why anyone uses it. Doesn’t have an Instagram, Snapchat, or Twitter either.
- Was skeptical at first, but now likes the cat more than he’ll admit.
Fun Facts about MadCat:
- Long-haired grey shelter cat.
- Born in March of 2015.
- Back legs are bowed, she can’t jump high and runs funny. (Nothing bad for her health, feel free to laugh)
- Loves biting attacking MadDogge while he is napping on the ground.
- Can hear a treat can from miles away
- Loves to travel in the car and visit new places.
Fun Facts about MadDogge:
- Pure Vizsla born on April 1, 2016
- Not trained in English
- In training to hunt birds
- Talks more than a human child, gets treated better than one too.
- You’ll never see a dog that loves toys so much.
- Loves MadLady more.
Thanks for getting to know us! We can’t wait to get to know you!
Fine Required Print:
Everything on this blog is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining professional advice. Please consult someone with training and a license for exact advice on what to do in your own situation.
All photos are our own unless clearly noted. All rights reserved.
Feel free to use photos as long as credit is given and we are notified.
You are welcome to link to our site.
For use of our postings, contact us first.
Copyright 2017 One Mad Life. All rights reserved.